Translate

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Collective voice

Not sure how many of you are using the Scholastic Newsletter online, but it's a wonderful resource! I have really enjoyed having the newsletters in Spanish, along with a video for each issue that is also in Spanish. We also have access to other grade levels and back issues! Some of the issues have additional games in Spanish, but not all of them.

This week I wrote to Scholastic to let them know how much I appreciate their resources. I also asked if they could please continue to put all the resources in Spanish that they already have in English on the web page. I was very pleased to get a reply from Laine Falk, the editor of Scholastic News. Here's what she wrote:

"I am so thrilled to hear that you like our Spanish resources! That really makes my day. I also appreciate your comments about wanting more in Spanish--good to know!

Have a wonderful day, and please feel free to write us any time with suggestions or comments."

So, not only do I want to encourage you to try the site, I also want to encourage you to let Laine know if you, too, would like to see more resources in Spanish on their site. And while we're at it, why not consider suggesting translations into other languages as well?  You can contact Laine Falk at <scholasticnews1@scholastic.com>

Enjoy your experience!

Sheryl René



No comments:

Post a Comment